Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Flamingo Point, Sewri, Mumbai



After seeing innumerable posts about Flamingos in Sewri, I knew I had to go there. It’s not exactly far from where I live but still is one of the areas that I had never been to. Google maps gave me the exact location of where I needed to reach, thankful for that.





The place is secluded. It was a Saturday evening, I was expecting a lot many people there but there hardly were a few. There are fishermen boats around, and a big rustic ship ( I knew I wanted to go on the ship the moment I saw it ) bloggers, take note! Get a friend along to take pictures, you might end up with some really nice shots.



People are allowed at times on the ship, depending on the mood of the workers there. I suggest, give it a try. It’s just a rustic ship but you might end up getting good pictures and a better view at the flamingos.

Carry binoculars or a camera with good zoom. The flamingos are far off, but the locals told us that they are much closer in the morning ( you can try your luck )

I won’t say it is amazing but if you are looking for something different on a weekend, like I was, you can definitely  try going here.

The flamingos are here from November to March.
Like I mentioned that it is a secluded place, it would be easier if you had your own transport.
You can also catch a cab from Wadala or Parel station.







1 comment:

  1. So nice to see the Flamingos. Unfortunately it seems the way things are, our next generation won't be able to see the beautiful birds.

    ReplyDelete